Come monsoon and the most awaited events on the GB calendar are the monsoon trek and monsoon picnic. So GB presents GayBombay Friendship Day Trek cum Picnic.We know you have been missing these for long, but now the wait is over. Both these events are back with a bang and that too 2 in 1!
If you really want to get a feel of the real earth, want to breathe pure air and see stunning landscapes of unspoiled wilderness – you should go with Gay Bombay to Matheran for a picnic cum trek.
Matheran – The tiniest hill station in the world (all of 8 sq. km) is also the cleanest in the country. It’s the only place apart from Venice where tarred roads don’t exist and motor cars are banned. The only modes of transport are Horses, man-pulled rickshaw, or your own feet. Untouched by pollution, the air is fresher, the trees greener and the views magnificent. Matheran is a totally different experience – a change you truly enjoy!
Trek a mountain, see a new place, know the history, meet new people, make new friends, and catch up with old. Sing, dance, and play. A lot can happen over a trek!
The Participants will depart on a semi luxury bus parked at the main gate of Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Borivali (East), at sharp 6:00 am. You can board the bus at any of the pick-up locations listed below.
- 06:00 am: Main Gate, Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Borivali (East)
- 06:15 am: Oberoi Mall, Junction, Goregaon (West)
- 06:30 am: Underneath Magic Bricks Western Express Highway Metro Station.
- 06:45 am: Kalanagar Junction (BKC end of skywalk)
- 06:50 am: Main Gate, Our Lady of Good Counsel High School, Near Sion Station.
- 07:00 am: Yogi Restaurant, Diamond Gardens, Chembur (East)
- 07:20 am: Vashi Flyover Junction, Junction of Sion-Panvel Highway and Vashi Station Road
- 07:35 am: Fire Brigade Station Junction, Opp Konkan Bhavan, CBD Belapur.
- 08:00 am: Panvel ST Stand, Panvel.
- 08:40 am: Thakre Hotel (Cafeteria), Junction of Chowk Karjat Road and Karjat Murbad Road.
- 08:50 am: Bhivpuri
The trek begins at Diksal, the base village near Bhivpuri on the Kalyan – Karjat segment of Central Railway. We shall be taking the easiest trek route, via Garbett Plateau and Garbett Point into Matheran. The fun begins as you take your first step on the trek under the Diksal waterfall. 360-degree breathtaking views await you at the Dhom Lake, Garbett Plateau, and Garbett Point to arrive in Matheran for Lunch. The afternoon is spent at a resort, full of fun and games or swimming or soaking in the cool waters of the swimming pool.
High Tea shall be served before we leave the resort at 6:00 pm to take the cabs at Dastoori Naka for Neral where our bus awaits us.This Trek cum Picnic is strictly open to the first 45 who register and pay. Guys residing as far as Pune can also join us. To know how to scroll down.
This Trek cum Picnic is strictly open to the first 45 who register and pay. Guys residing as far as Pune can also join us. To know how to scroll down.
Day & Date:
Sunday, 6th August 2017
Contribution to defray costs:
Rs. 1200.00 per head
Participants from other cities joining us at Panvel, Karjat, and Bhivpuri contribute Rs. 900.00 per head
The charges include:
- Transport to Base Camp and Back
- Veg. Breakfast on the bus
- Veg. Lunch
- High Tea in the evening.
- Trek Expertise
- Facilities to freshen-up and relax at the resort at Matheran
Registration & Payments:
To join this trek you need to register your name and pay in advance. To Register, Click here fill the form and we shall get back to you.
For any further information email us or call us on the Picnic Info line 9870504010
To pay to catch us at:
On 30 July 2017: GayBombay Sunday Meet, at Thane
Things to do:
1. Carry the following things with you on the trek
b. Haversack/Knapsack/Backpack (preferably water proof),
c. Plastic Sheet/Bag to line your rucksack (if it is not waterproof)
d. Special Medication or Food if you need any,
e. Biscuits, Plum Cakes (as a light snack),
f. Water (2 liters),
g. A couple of sachets of Tang/rehydrating solution
h. Change of clothes including undergarments and socks and a Towel (must as you will need to change),
i. Walking shoes or Good Floaters (No Chappals or Formal Shoes),
j. Rain Gear like windcheaters (No Umbrellas please, they will be blown away if we encounter strong winds).
k. Binoculars and Cameras if you are interested.
About Gay Bombay
GB, as a support group, has created this comfort/safe space for gays. Many people at the event may be newbies (those still coming to terms with their sexuality and/or those who have mustered the courage to come to such an event for the first time). We request you to be sensitive to the comfort levels of others and to behave and dress accordingly.
You have to be above the age of 18 to attend this event
Things not to do:
- Wear tight fitting jeans or body hugging attire that will restrict full movement of your body (Track bottoms or light cotton trousers is better option)
- Litter the place. The ecosystem is very fragile.
- Indulge in hanky-panky deface or damage monuments by writing or scribbling on them.
Consume intoxicating items before or during the trek.
Hope to see you there.