Gay Bombay is celebrating its 20th anniversary and Sept has been a busy month for them. The Supreme courts verdict on decriminalization of consensual sex between same-sex couples added to the joy and excitement. So in wake of that Gay Bombay’s picnic to Saphale is being organized in the first week of Oct.
Away from the clutter of concrete jungles, pollution, and stress, GayBombay invites you to spend your day, at a resort that is just a couple of hours away from Mumbai at Saphale and can be truly called nature’s paradise. A morning-to-evening picnic at Nature’s Beach Resort at Saphale, north of Mumbai in Maharashtra, India. Gay Bombay has been organizing picnics for years, we happen to feature their last year’s picnic too.
Leave with a group of LGBT persons from various pick-up points in Mumbai, for a 3-hour journey to the resort. Once there, you will be spoilt for a choice of activities: Stroll on the resort’s private beach, frolic in a big swimming pool, cool off amid a fountain square, and go crazy at a rain dance to dance music! For the more sports-inclined, there are facilities for archery, volleyball and other sports!
But if peace and quiet places are more your things, there’s boating and fishing in an artificial river. If you’re a bird watcher, do bring a pair of binoculars, as this spot rich in biodiversity with 120+ species of birds, including peacocks strolling by.
Included as well is lip-smacking delicious local food – both vegetarian and non-vegetarian. They will serve breakfast, lunch and evening tea. Leave from the resort before sundown for another lively bus journey of singing and laughing together to be back in Mumbai on Sunday night, with various drop-off points within the city. Guys living as far as Dahanu and Surat can easily join us on this picnic! Ask them how!
Details of Pickup –
The picnic is scheduled for Sunday 7th Oct 2018 and below are the pickup points. We shall depart on a semi-luxury bus parked outside Hotel Prashant on Lokmanya Tilak Road, Mulund Station (East) at 6:00 am. You can board the bus at any of the pick-up locations listed below.
06:00 Hotel Prashant, Mulund Station East
06:05 Junction of Mulund Airoli Road and EEH
06:15 Junction of JVLR and EEH
06:25 Junction of Ghatkopar Andheri Link Rd and EEH
06:30 Amar Mahal Junction
06:40 Opp Sion Station
06:45 Junction of Bandra Station Rd and WEH
07:00 WEH Metro Station, Andheri East
07:10 Oberoi Mall Junction, Goregaon East
07:25 Omkareshwar Temple, Opp SGNP, Borivali East
07:35 Shivaji Chowk, Mira Road (East)
07:45 Opp Fountain Hotel, Junction of Ghodbunder Road and WEH
07:55 Junction of Juchandra Bapne Road and WEH, Naigaon East
08:10 Junction of Tungareshwar Phata and WEH, Vasai East
08:15 Junction of Waliv Road and WEH, Nalasopara East
08:20 Junction of Pelhar Road and WEH, Nalasopara East
08:25 Junction of Veer Savarkar Road and WEH, Virar East
09:00 Junction of Saphale Road and WEH/Varai Naka
09:30 Saphale Railway Station
All timings listed above are departure timings of the bus to be there at least 10 mins before the listed time. You shall spend the entire day at the Resort. At about 6:00 in the evening, would commence our journey back to Mumbai. We shall be back in Mumbai by 8:30 pm.
Contribution to defray costs: Rs. 1200.00 per head. Participants from other cities, joining us directly at Saphale Railway Station shall contribute Rs. 1000/- per head.
Registration & Payments:
To join this picnic you need to register your name and make your contribution in advance. To Register send a WhatsApp message containing your name, email id and chosen boarding location to the GayBombay Picnic Infoline at 9870504010
The contributions meet expenses towards the following:
1. To and Fro transport to the Resort.
2. Veg and Non-Veg Breakfast.
3. Veg and Non-Veg Lunch.
4. Tea/Coffee and Biscuits in the evening
5. Use of the Resort sports/games facilities and equipment like Swimming Pool, VolleyBall, Boating and fishing (subject to availability and prior booking).
To know more and to register, please contact the GayBombay info line on (+91) 9870504010. Or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
You can pay your contribution at the following GayBombay Events:
Saturday; 22 September 2018: GayBombay Party at Club Neos, Phoenix Marketcity, Kurla
Sunday; 30 September 2018: GayBombay Talent Show at National College Auditorium, Bandra West.
Details regarding the above events are available at www.gaybombay.org and at the GayBombay Facebook Page.
The following rules shall apply to registrations:
1. You have to be above the age of 18 to attend this event
2. Registration shall be accepted only if the name, email address and mobile number are provided.
3. Registrations shall only be confirmed on receipt of contribution
4. Registrations are not transferable.
5. No refunds shall be given for cancellation of registration on the day before the Picnic
Things to do:
1. Carry any special medication or food, if you need them
2. Carry binoculars, if you are interested.
3. Carry an extra pair of clothes including undergarments and socks that you want to change in if you happen to soil/wet the ones you are wearing.
4. Carry your toiletries and towels.
5. Bring along your swimming trunks and sun creams,
6. GB, as a support group, has created this comfort/safe space for gays. Many people at the event may be “newbies” (those still coming to terms with their sexuality and/or those who have mustered the courage to come to such an event for the first time). We request you to be sensitive to the comfort levels of others and to behave and dress accordingly.
Things not to do:
1. Litter the place. The ecology of the wilderness is very fragile. Be eco-friendly.
2. Consume intoxicating items before or during the picnic
3. Indulge in hanky-panky. Any person found indulging shall be asked to leave the picnic/group immediately and shall be barred from participating in all future GayBombay events.
This event is organized by http://www.gaybombay.org/. The right of admission reserved
If you reside anywhere close to the western railway between Dahanu Road and Saphale, You can board the Dahanu Road – Borivali Fast Local Train departing Dahanu Road at 08:30 hrs And calling at the following stations at the timings listed alongside:
Vanagon 08:45 hrs; Boisar 08:53; Umroli Road 08:59 hrs; Palghar 09:05; Kelve Road 09:13; Saphale 09:20 hrs.
Alight at Saphale, the bus shall be waiting for you at Hotel Vaishali on Rambaug Saphale Road also known as Tandulwadi Road
If you reside anywhere close to the western railway between Surat and Saphale, You can board the 59038 Surat Virar Passenger departing Surat Junction at 04:15 hrs. And calling at the following stations at the timings listed alongside
Udhna Junction 04:21 hrs; Bhestan 04:28 hrs; Sachin 04:35 hrs; Maroli 04:42 hrs; Navsari 04:53 hrs; Vedchha 05:06 hrs; Ancheli 05:13 hrs; Amalsad 05:19 hrs; Bilimora Junction 05:25 hrs; Joravasan 05:33 hrs; Dungri 05:38 hrs; Valsad 06:20 hrs; Atul 06:33 hrs; Pardi 06:38 hrs; Udvada 06:45 hrs; Vapi 06:57 hrs; Karambeli 07:33 hrs; Bhilad 07:40 hrs; Sanjan 07:52 hrs; Umargam Road 08:07 hrs; Bordi Road 08:13 hrs; Gholvad 08:29 hrs; Dahanu Road 08:46 hrs; Vanagon 08:59 hrs; Boisar 09:07; Palghar 09:20; Kelve Road 09:29; Saphale 09:37
Alight at Saphale, the bus shall be waiting for you at Hotel Vaishali on Rambaug Saphale Road also known as Tandulwadi Road.